Monday, June 14, 2010

A Short One

Didn't have much contact with my mom today other than doing this flyer for her. I saw my dad twice, and me and my brother watched Unnatural History on Cartoon Network. It's pretty awesome. This guy who travelled the world to become a monk (at least that's what my brother said) had to come back to the U.S. and he solves mysteries based on the knowledge he's acquired from his world travels. New episodes come on Sundays at 8pm PST.

The one thing that did happen is while I was making breakfast, my mom looked at our refrigerate which has a bunch of pictures taped on it. At the top left is one of the thank you cards I sent out for my high school graduation. There's a spot that was on all of them that looks like a bleach stain. It's been there since we ordered them but today she says "who spilled something on my picture?" and then while trying and failing to wipe it off, "that's not ok". I hate that picture. Every time I want a hot pocket I have to look at it. Firstly, I'm in a dress. My hair was long and poofy. Not to mention I had make up on and none of it was by choice. No one cared what I thought or how I felt. Apparently, it was their graduation just like its become her picture and I don't think I need to spell out why.

I'd also like to call an end to the "no homo" era. When eating chicken or watermelon, do white people go "no negro"? Or when you pronounce all the letters in your words do you say "no anglo". I think it has to do a whole bunch with society especially in minority communities where being gay is seen, in ignorance, as a white luxury. I feel like every time I hear that phrase I die a little inside. Just a tiny piece of my heart chips off. But don't worry, the piece grows back.

Anything else? Oh. My phone clip came today. I walked around the house all day with basketball shorts and a football jersey...and my phone clip. If anyone is having self-esteem issues, I recommend you get a phone clip.

I've also realized that I feel trapped in this house. That's why I'm investing in a bike. I want to be able to just go out when I need to get out without a set destination. I definitely feel myself slipping into a place I don't want to be. I'm going shopping with my mom tomorrow downtown. Please wish me luck.

Hope all is well with you guys
--Zay

Oh one more thing. Read this please *bats eyelashes* It's time for Christians to stop being cowards.

No comments:

Post a Comment