Thursday, June 10, 2010

Old Surroundings, New Goals

Hokay. So I'm back at home for the next three months. I am not even entertaining the fact that this will be a calm summer. While we were packing, my phone rang and it was the secretary from the ex-gay place saying I had an appointment today. My mom called back and was explaining how she and the counselor had emailed a few times but never came to a conclusion of when would be a good time for the next appointment. How about never since she said that the last appointment would be the last one. Yea, so that's day 1. Old physical surroundings and surrounded by old mentalities. But I do have a job this summer, and possibly but not probably summer school so I'm hoping to be able to be consumed in my work. It's only three months but at the same time it's three whole months. I've been praying to find strength and patience for the time I'm here and hopefully understanding and now that I'm home I understand that I need to be praying that much more.

I've also set a few goals for the summer related to my well-being (and found an app to track them). 1) Stretching every morning. 2) Praying at least once a day. I usually do this anyway but just to be sure. 3) Reading a devotion every morning. I don't know what I'm doing about church this summer because I don't enjoy the one my family goes to. So...we'll see. 4) Washing my face twice a day. 5) Working out at least 2-3 times a week at the gym and doing something at home every day. 6) Write every day. I don't know why but something has told me to make this a goal of mine. This is my first step in attempting that goal. I have issues with monotony so all these are going to be challenges but I'll need something to keep me grounded. 99 days til I go back to school. Trying to cherish them while still counting down.

Oh! Before I stop writing, I might have a gallbladder or kidney issue because my stomach swells to maybe like 6 month pregnant size. I'm definitely not pregnant. It's been happening for a while and I thought I was getting fat so I actually exercised one day last week...then I realized that none of the rest of me had gotten any bigger. I do want to bulk up and get toned so I'm gonna work out anyways. So...is that it? For now, I guess so. I have more to talk about but I don't want to ramble any more than I have so I'll talk to you guys later

--Zay

No comments:

Post a Comment