Saturday, June 12, 2010

Finito

As of like an hour ago, I'm done with my first year of college. The big weight of my chest/shoulders hasn't released itself yet but I'm sure it's on its way. A weight that did just fall off is the issue surrounding transportation this summer. I have a job, but so do my parents and they are in opposite directions. I have a bus pass now through my school but when I looked for the summer, they weren't available. I assumed it was because I wasn't enrolled for the summer. I wanted to see when my pass expired so I checked the site again and all of a sudden they were selling them again and they didn't stop me from buying one :) Since the guy teaching the class I wanted didn't e-mail me back, I would have had to pay for a regular pass 3-4 times totaling $186-248. Instead, I paid $50. Yay me!

Ok now that we're done with that, I'd like to make a plug to The Sanctuary Collective. I mentioned them on one of my videos but they're great and today they deserve a shoutout. Here's their latest video (more suited toward trans people). Awesome, right? The one right before was great also (more suited toward gay people). If you didn't watch it (which I really think you should), I'll just tell you what it's about. The topic for this week was "where do you see yourself in the bible?". Micah pointed out some verses that I had never seen before (I guess because everyone pays special attention to John).

Matthew 19:12 - For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.


Um...hello?! Oh, and don't forget this one:


Isaiah 56:4-5 - For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

So yea. I was like this --> :-D and also like this ?:-7 (aka smug look for everyone who's decided I'm a lost sheep). God sees me for me! Past my label, past my name. It feels great.

Speaking of feeling great, today I went to the graduation of the class of dimes. They all looked great. I got to see my friends reach a big milestone and also reunite with some people from my class. I also got to see all the teachers my mom has been trying to keep me away from. I was really glad to see them. I'm trying to get all this out but I am so tired and my eyes are itchy and I also want to keep up with my goal. Speaking of goals, I haven't kept up with any of the other ones because for the past two days, I was working on the project from the time I stretched to the time the light went off. Hopefully I'll get back on track. I'll just conclude by saying to everyone I saw today, I have much love and appreciation for you and the role you've played in my life whether or not you realized you were playing one.

Goodnight
--Zay

No comments:

Post a Comment