Sunday, June 13, 2010

Red, Dreads & Bread (and some other stuff)

I'll just start off by saying that I am seriously failing in all my goals except this one. Here's hoping that changes. Moving right along...

Yesterday when I got home, I realized I'd started my period. Because I've been on depo provera since November, it was barely anything and I'm pretty sure it's done or on its way out now. Last time I got it on my brother's birthday...in the line for Riddler's Revenge. Lame. I had discomfort instead of cramps and it was done by the next day. This time there was nothing :D  So that was the red. Now for the dreads.

I have wanted dreads since at least 5th grade and now since my parents are insisting I grow my hair out to "honor them" (as in "Honor thy father and mother"), I figure I might as well take advantage of that. However, it's just now come to my attention that my hair is thin and I feel like there won't be enough hair for it to look decent. I also have to consider my job. When dreads are just starting out, they look crazy. I've also thinking about shaving the sides and fading the back and leaving it curly on top. The only thing is that I have an odd shaped head. I am just at a loss for what to do with my hair. Tomorrow I am getting some conditioner that will hopefully make it look better because I'm starting to look crazy.

And bread. This is more like...advice...or something. If you are near a Quiznos, they have this awesome deal where you can get 2 things (a bullet, a sammie, soup, or chopped salad) for just $5. I had it yesterday and again today with my mom. Both times I got the turkey pesto bullet with pan asian salad the first time and classic cobb salad today. Both were delicious. Oh! I also get them to put bacon on my sandwich. Next time I'm going to try a sammie and the chili. But everything's been delicious and it's $5 and a perfect portion. Go now.

I had a few other things to talk about but since I made a checklist of what I wanted to talk about throughout the day (which is maybe why this blog sounds so choppy (and cuz I'm tired)), I'll remember for tomorrow.

I hope wherever you are and whoever you are, you're having a good day and appreciating yourself.

--Zay

No comments:

Post a Comment