Monday, April 12, 2010

Encouragement #2

Some of these are from a while ago. I just forgot to include them in my first one

I usually think formspring is silly and insipid, but I think I've really learned something from reading yours. I admire the way you answer the questions you get because you are poised and polite, while still being articulate. I think it's interesting that you are so devoted to God when Christianity seems so against the LGBT community. I think that shows you understand the heart of the Christian message under all the superficial orthodoxes. You are a wonderful strong person who doesn't need labels!
- Anonymous via formspring

I love you and want you to be happy! Live love and laugh lots!
- Anonymous via formspring

dear yanna, i just saw your post about formspring. love it!
you have my full support. as well as my girlfriend. that's right, my girlfriend. if you ever need to talk to someone i'm here for you.
- Family friend

HEEEEEYYYYY. i just watched your video (very funny by the way, lol frisbee sports). congratulations! I'm so proud of you for being so strong through all the times when no one really knew how you were feeling and for being so strong now. i am so excited for you to finally be who you feel you truly are!
- DSC (Dance Studio Crew) member

ayanna.
i am so honored that you included me in that vid. you know you're my best friend for forever. have you talked to your mom? if you need to talk tomeeeee or whatevaaaa
i love you!!!
and i'm so proud of your for coming out.
- DSC (Dance Studio Crew) member

Absolutely brilliant! Congrats on a great piece. I honestly think you should submit it to some film contests - maybe even Sundance. I know its very personal though - but you do such a good job of covering and responding to all the angles. I am so proud of you for being brave, for being so talented, and for being you. Keep on keepin' on. Much love to you!
- Awesome teacher-friend

STILL my hero.
- Awesome teacher-friend

No comments:

Post a Comment